


I know, it's been a while since I started and I haven't added anything since the first day. I fear this will become a habit as I am starting school in the fall. Tarquennis will be retiring in about 5 years and I figured I had better be able to get a job that will pay enough to raise 4 teenagers on. So I will start taking my general ed classes in September in hopes of starting nursing school in September '09. We'll see what happens - it's only been 20 years since I was in school.
Alex "graduated" from elementary school about a month ago. He is very excited for middle school, more than I am. He and Joshua both earned reading awards and Alex also got a trophy for AB honor roll for the year. They both did really well and we are very proud of them. Alex is going to start playing the saxophone next school year. I wish we could get a cello teacher here!!!
Zachary had a birthday a few weeks ago. He is now officially 2 years old, though we've been suspecting it for some time now. This is the best and worst age, full of learning and new-found independence, but full of learning and new-found independence (if you know what I mean!).
Not much else happening here. We did go to Virginia last week for Jason's graduation. It was so cool to see him finally reach that goal and surprisingly emotional for me. I know, you laugh. Is there anything that isn't emotional for me? But I didn't expect it to hit me then. I guess I am just so happy for them and I miss having them so close. It's really hard living this far away from everyone. I hope our next move takes us farther east, though I really miss my friends in Maryland.
Alex just finished his first week at boy scout camp and he had a great time! Joshua spent the week at Camp Invention where they were able to take apart something (he had a phone) and see what makes it work. He also had a great time and I am glad they are both home. I love having them here and being able to do things together. I think this week we might set up the tent in the backyard.
I always have great shots of Emma, she is very photogenic, so I will add some next time.
1 comment:
great to see you guys. Looks like he loved the truck. Keep writing.
Post a Comment