It seems strange that school is already back in session. I think the last time I wrote anything it was just getting out for the summer. The boys started on the 5th, Josh in 2nd grade and Alex starting middle school. I think Joshua is very happy with his classmates and his new teacher but Alex is having a bit of a
rough go. He starts his day off on a bus full of boys who think it's cool to swear, and loudly, and a bus driver who is too afraid to do anything about it. I know it bothers him but he is a typical pre-teen and doesn't want his mother to get involved. I guess it's time to let him try to decide what's worth standing up for and what's it's not. I may not like it but how else will he learn to make decisions if he doesn't get so
me practice? He's a good kid and I have faith that he will make good choices. Emma is so upset about not going to school we had to go to the dollar store and buy a bunch of kindergarten and first grade workbooks so she can have "school" at home every day. And Zack is starting to be interested in the potty. There is a puppy in sight! We are thinking of an Italian Greyhound, or Iggy. They are like a toy /greyhound, and they shed very little and are fairly calm.
Of course they are also very cute! We got a lovebird for Payne for his birthday yesterday and the lady who bred the lovebird also breeds Iggys. She's got one pregnant now that will have puppies ready just before Christmas. We will have to talk Dad into it but once he sees them I think he'll go for it.
Of course they are also very cute! We got a lovebird for Payne for his birthday yesterday and the lady who bred the lovebird also breeds Iggys. She's got one pregnant now that will have puppies ready just before Christmas. We will have to talk Dad into it but once he sees them I think he'll go for it. Payne had his 49th birthday yesterday. He has wanted a bird since before I knew him and we could not afford the one he wants (parrot or cockatoo, about $2000) so we thought we'd start small. We got a 9-week-old peach face that's all yellow (except for the face and throat) and he named him? Sunny Boy. I will take a picture of him with his bird tonight and post it later. He really is beautiful and makes a cheerful sound. He's still getting used to us but he was hand-fed so he should be pretty easy to tame. I don't know what's gotten into me this year with all the pets. We were turtle-sitting for the last few months and she finally came and picked him up this week. We will never buy a turtle - WAY too high-maintenance and they are dirty and stinky. We really like having Chuck and he's growing like crazy! I can't wait until winter when he slows down his eating, he is really going to town on the crickets lately! That's all for now.

5 comments:
Wow I bet Emma is just depressed. Derek is so upset his older sisters are going to school without him. I'm so glad you posted. I was wondering what was up with you guys. Tell Uncle T happy birthday.
I loved seeing a new post! YEA AMY! You are going pet crazy, even Mark commente d on that, but I think it's really cool! We will never be a family with a lot of pets, but I like to see other families who are. The Iggy's - TOO CUTE! I could go for one of those!!!!! Something that doesn't shed much, that would be awesome! I meant to ask you today how your hubby's birthday went last night!!! I think Sunny Boy is a GREAT NAME! What fun!
We laughed very hard over Sunny Boy. I wish I could have a bird! And I think the dogs are cute, too. Your neighborhood looks so nice! I want to come visit you, but I'm poor!
Wow! Tell Alex he looks SO handsome with his hair cut short like that. He's starting to look more like his Daddy the older he gets. Is Josh riding a bike? Good for him! Nico won't go near his - he's too afraid of wiping out. Tell Payne Happy Birthday from the Diaz clan. We love you all!!!!!
Whoa, Amy. Italian Greyhounds are very fragile. Lots of broken bones because of those skinny little legs. Pet insurance may be something to look into for those. But I'm glad you guys are finally getting a dog! You kids need that. Good to hear from you again.
Post a Comment