Sunday, September 21, 2008
We have had a treat the last few weeks! I found a really neat looking caterpiller at my friend's house and brought it home to show the kids. Turns out it it was a monarch caterpiller! So we put it in a box and fed milkweed to it for a week and it got big really fast.
It turned into a really amazing looking chrysalis! We all stood around and watched it spin the chrysalis.
We came home Saturday night and it looked like this, so we knew it was getting close to the end.
When we got up Sunday morning the whole thing had turned black-right on time, 10 days after it turned into a chrysalis.
And a few hours later, before we went to church, out came the butterfly!
It was really fun to sit and watch him dry his wings and try to fly.
We put him out on the butterfly bush and he was still there when we left. I hope he comes back to our bush - Emma was sad to see him go. She said, through tears, "I'm gonna miss that little guy".


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I didn't know that's how Monarch caterpillars look like. He is so pretty! Poor Emma. I bet she was heartbroken!
This is so cool! I wanted to wait until tomorrow at work when I was bored to look at it, but it was so cool that I had to look tonight. Now what am I going to do tomorrow?
This is absolutely AMAZING! What an incredible lesson for your kids to see first hand! WAY COOL!
Very cool! Now Brock wants to go out and find a monarch caterpillar!
Jeny, if you get bored at work try sending Mom and email. Ask her what was so funny at dinner with the Adams the other night. Then wait to see if she can stop laughing long enough to tell you. Pretty entertaining!
That has to be one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Great pictures of it, too! I would love to join Brock in the hunt for one, now.
what does lloyd & amp mean? Anyone?
Jeny, I don't know what it means, but I have seen it on a few people's names...
Very cool pictures, and I love Emma~
this is cool, but it's time for pictures of kids or payne and his bird. take a minute away from studying for mid-terms (you're smart enough to pass without studying anyway) and give me something new to look at.
still waiting . . .
are you even alive anymore? where's my new blog to entertain me?
Post a Comment