Friday, January 30, 2009

Back in business

Sorry, no pictures this time. Just wanted to report that we are back in our house and our heat is back on. The ice storm took out electricity for about 500,000 people in our area and we were one of the lucky ones to get ours back on so quickly. With all the trees broken and down it looks a bit like a tornado hit. I didn't have the woodpile covered so it was frozen solid - good thing we have a fireplace, ha ha. So we went to stay with a friend who had heat. But they had no water and we did. So we shuttled bottles of water back and forth a lot. And Payne decided to suffer through it and stayed here. I practically begged him to come with us but he has a problem accepting help from anyone, so he bundled up and climbed into bed and stayed there. Next post I will add some pictures of my friend Maria's yard - you won't believe that a little bit of ice can cause such damage!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! sounds like you are having some fun there! This will be a good memory! (did I say it before Mom did?)

Amy said...

you win!

Amy said...

Actually I said it first but you can still be the winner.

Teresa said...

Yay for ice storms! Ugh must be nice to be back in your own house. :) It got pretty bad through arkansas and kentucky