So I went out this morning and took a few pictures of the amazing ice and some of the destruction it caused. As we are sitting in the house today we are hearing chuncks of ice falling off the roof. It's a pretty scary sound until you figure out what it is.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
The sun is shining today and it looks like a winter wonderland. The one positive that comes out of an ice storm is the beauty that is created when the sun shines on it the next day. We are definitely thankful to have had friends with heat for the short time we were out. We were also thankful to have been prepared with a bit of water storage because our water is no good right now. It's a good thing to have something like this happen once in a while so that you can be aware of the things you need and don't have. I think our ward has been blessed by their preparedness this week as there are still some without electricity or water(day 5). We have someone staying with us because she is one of those without.
So I went out this morning and took a few pictures of the amazing ice and some of the destruction it caused. As we are sitting in the house today we are hearing chuncks of ice falling off the roof. It's a pretty scary sound until you figure out what it is.

So I went out this morning and took a few pictures of the amazing ice and some of the destruction it caused. As we are sitting in the house today we are hearing chuncks of ice falling off the roof. It's a pretty scary sound until you figure out what it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
wow. You guys still have alot of ice hanging around. Ours is completely gone. I love the second picture. That is so cool looking.
Fantastic! We never had one that good in Virginia. Very neat.
That's amazing! I especially like the picture of the "little guy." We've been hearing a lot about you on the news. I'm glad you got to test out your emergency preparedness!
is this going to kill that awsome looking rhododendron? And your poor tree! It looks so sad!
Post a Comment